Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Begin Again, Begin Again, Lie Down Across Her

Yes, I'm quoting Samuel Beckett [badly].

Krapp's Last Tape to be precise.

I never said I wasn't pretentious. It's just that it seems oddly fitting given the circumstance. To paraphrase further: strange now to think of that young whelp I once was.

So, yes, it's been quite some time since I've written, here at least. Which is not to say that much hasn't happened. Quite the opposite.

To wit: in the past two years I've moved house, watched several good friends leave the city, made some fantastic new ones, changed jobs, at times felt surrounded by sickness and the eventual recovery there from, even had my heart broken a few times.

It's the last point on that list that I'm stuck on at the moment, perhaps because the latest one is so fresh and was so hurtful. But, I think that it's important to take something from each experience - however unpleasant it may be. So, in this case, here's what I can take away: a cold water faucet that now works properly and the knowledge that, actually, I am quite capable of being in a relationship and not losing part of myself, as I had so long feared. Not a bad trade, really. The rest, of course, will take time. Luckily, that I have.

So, onward, to the next adventure. Hopefully I'll stick with the writing this time. I feel good about it.

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment