Thursday, December 11, 2008

In the aftermath

Dinner and drinks with PP last night, followed by a show. We got to talking about this fall, lessons learned, all the stuff that comes when you're sharing a bottle of wine.

She filled me in on more developments from across the city - telling me something which made me feel awful, although in this case, at least, the fatal blow had nothing to do with me.

The thing is that despite everything that's happened, I still feel like I made the right decision back in October. At least the right decision for me and the one that I could live with.

So, there's that. Which is good, I guess.

A while back, during a conversation about all of this, I told NK that the worst part, I thought, was how quickly one gets used to things. The hurts fade and current reality seeps in, and in a flash the current shape of things passes for normal.

I'm discovering now how very true that statement was.

So, I was right, as I am about a good many things . This isn't arrogance. Truly, I wish I wasn't.

Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment