Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ten Things I Think About Going Home on the LIRR Today

  1. Maybe I should try writing again. Maybe that will help me make sense of it all.

  2. Words and phrases that could describe my current state: anchorless, unmoored, adrift, underwater, raw, flayed, without a net. And, lost. Lost is a good one.

  3. Fine, I was right about going into self-preservation mode. But, I also think that I was right to feel the way I did. So, I don't regret it.

  4. This does not change a thing, really, but cannot be a bad thing. Right?

  5. Sleep might help.

  6. People can surprise you if given half a chance and if you let them.

  7. I wish that I could stop thinking.

  8. Saying thank you is insufficient.

  9. I'm lucky in many respects. I have to remember that.

  10. Breathing is a form of relief. I have to remember that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment