And, so with the announcement of the Golden Globe nominees this week, awards season is off to its official start as is, at least in my case, a month of even more than usual compulsive movie watching.
That said, I can't help but be a little disappointed by the nominees, or more specifically the absence of a nomination for Steve Carell as best supporting in Little Miss Sunshine. Maybe it's a case for fan-dom gone horribly awry, but it was that performance that made me such a fan. Somehow he manages to make a potentially utterly ridiclous character completely human - think Amy Adams in June Bug (a performance, that, incidentally, was awarded with an Oscar nomination) - I was completely enthralled.
Let's see what happens with the Academy Awards.
Predictions tk, once I get the hang of posting regularly. Let's see just how long that takes.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment